I’m a self-confessed appliance addict and hoarder. I love the sense of satisfaction I get when I use them for more than their intended use. Whether it’s to make omelettes in a waffle iron or cinnamon buns in a mini donut maker; I’m always trying to find new ways to use the appliances that I hoard. Pancake pops are a sleepover staple at our house. They are so easy to make and the kids love them. I’ve added chocolate shavings to the recipe below. They are so delicious; expect to be asked for second and third helpings. I also love that I don’t have to slog over a stove all morning and cleaning up is a breeze.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
250 ml (1 Cup) Flour
10 ml (2 teaspoons) Baking Powder/ Soda
30 ml (2 Tablespoons) Sugar
5 ml (1 teaspoon) Salt
1 Large egg, beaten
250 ml (1 Cup) Milk
30 ml (2 Tablespoons) Oil
- Switch on the cake pop maker.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients into a jug.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet mixture.
- Stir the mixture until all lumps are dissolved.
- Spoon the pancake mixture into the ready heated cake pop maker.
- Close the cake pop maker lid and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Gently remove the cake pops and place on a cooling rack.
- Repeat till all the mixture is finished.
- Enjoy the pancake pops with cinnamon sugar or maple syrup.
Let me know how this turned out for you and your family.