I know this post comes a little late for Wednesday, but I’ve had such a hectic day so far. I’m so grateful to have a moment to catch my breath and share this post with you.
- Start by writing what you know – There must be at least one thing that you are really good at or passionate about. Start There.
- Write drunk, edit sober – I may or may not do this. Just lose your inhibitions and write! You can always edit later.
- Write everyday – Set aside a time to write every day. Bonus points if you set up a desk, office or writing corner.
- Get support – Find a group, start a blog, get a Twitter account, tell a friend or a family member. There’s so much we can learn from others. Writing can be a lonely road and you might need some motivation from time to time.
- Don’t let negative feedback get you down – It’s impossible to please everyone. There will be critics, but don’t only focus on that for too long. If you need to take a day; take it! Come back the next day refreshed and ready to write.
- Believe in yourself – Believe in your gifts and talents. If you think and believe you can write something exceptional, then half the battle is won.
Bonus tip: Celebrate every small achievement – Celebrate the like or the view on your blog, the sale you made today or any other achievement you can think of. Life is worth celebrating.
So get out there and write! I know you can do it.
Do you have any writing tips to share?
Don’t be afraid to drop a comment in the box below.