I can hardly believe that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! It coincides with my 100th post and 100th follower. I’m so grateful and humbled by everyone who follows and reads my blog. I appreciate you.
Thank you Niki from The Richness of a Simple Life for nominating me for this Liebster Award, you’re an amazing and dedicated mother and wife. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. You inspire me daily.
- What did you write before you started blogging? (Journal, short stories, nothing…)
I’ve been writing and self-publishing children’s books on Amazon for almost a year now.
- Who did you first share your blog with?
No one; to be completely honest. My partner knows I have a blog, but I don’t think he’s ever read a post. I’m a private person when it comes to my plans or what I’m going to do next. I’ve been toying with the idea of blogging for a few years now and decided to take a leap of faith.
- Who do you hope reads your blog most or who do you hope doesn’t? (Be sure to specify which you answer!;) )
I hope anyone who can gain knowledge, have a laugh, relate or buy one of my books would read my blog. Home, Hugs and Huskies has a bit of everything so dog owners, writers, bloggers, illustrators, parents, home schoolers and people who like to cook can relate.
- How long do you typically spend creating a post from start to publish?
This is a tough one to answer, because it depends on the post. Something like Teaching Thursday or Freebie Friday can take a few days to draw, edit and post the free printables. Other posts like the ones on Siberian Saturday or Sketching Sunday can take at least one to two hours.
- Do you secretly hope for a post to go viral? Why or why not?
I suppose I do to some extent. I’d like my writing or blog posts to reach more people and hopefully add to their lives in a positive ways.
- What piece of advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t waste your tears on dumb guys that don’t appreciate your worth. Someone better is going to come along.
- What takes smell takes you straight back to your childhood?
Cabbage stew! My grandmother used to make this awesome cabbage stew that no one can replicate after her passing. She used minimal ingredients, but it tasted so good. My mouth is watering, just thinking about it.
- If you had to move today, no questions asked to another country, which would it be and why?
We’ve always fantasised about packing all our belongings and moving to a cottage in the countryside. There’s just something magical about being surrounded by canals. It is also central enough to travel elsewhere in Europe quite easily. I see myself writing by the fire with the dogs lying at my feet, Mr reading his paper on a nearby sofa and the kids giggling in the distance.
- If you could live in any time period (other than the present) what would it be and why?
I’d probably choose the 1960’s. I identify with the fashion and music. This was also an interesting time for politics and women’s rights.
- If a movie were to be made about your life, what would it be called and who would play you in the movie?
It would be called The Write Life. I’d probably want Lindsay Lohan to play me, but the Mean Girls Lindsay Lohan. I love that movie.
Here are my ten nominees for the Liebster Blog Award (in no particular order). Don’t worry if you aren’t into awards, I still think you are awesome anyway and people should check out your blog. Feel free to check out the rules below for more information.
- Mummy and Dougie
- Life & Writings of Barefoot Momma
- Not the average mama
- Doghair in my lipgloss
- Confused Confuser
- Annette’s Place
- From stepmom to realmom
- Life beyond mommy
- The Woof and Sheep Club
10 Questions for you to answer
- What do you think your best quality is?
- What did you want to be when you were a child?
- What do you like about blogging?
- What do you dislike about blogging?
- What inspires you to write?
- What do you do to snap out of writer’s block?
- What is your favourite book? Why?
- Who was a hero in your life? Why?
- If money was no object, what would you be doing?
- If you were a dog, which breed would you be? Why?
Thanks again for the nomination Niki. Thank you for welcoming me to the blogging community and for being such a great friend. ❤