I’m sorry that I’ve been so quiet for the past few days. I’ve been really busy illustrating and writing new books. I’m so thankful to have a moment to share this recipe with you.
Mr doesn’t enjoy the traditional cheese sauce version of Macaroni and Cheese so I always make my mom’s version of Macaroni and Cheese. I made these in muffin tins so that Mr can take them to work for lunch the next day. They also make great lunchbox treats for kids.
½ Cup dry macaroni
2 Large eggs
2 Cups milk
½ – ¾ Cup grated cheese
1 Finely chopped onion
1 Finely chopped green pepper
1 Tablespoon melted butter
Salt and Pepper to season
- Grease muffin pan or oven dish and preheat the oven to 180⁰C (350⁰F)
- Boil macaroni as per package instructions.
- Brown onion and green pepper in a saucepan.
- Combine the drained macaroni with the onion and green pepper mixture.
- Beat the eggs and milk and add seasoning.
- Decant the macaroni mixture into your muffin pans or oven dish, sprinkle the cheese on top and pour the egg mixture into the dish as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over and dab with some melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Feel free to download the recipe card below:
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Do you cook anything other than muffins or cupcakes in a muffin pan?
If you do, let me know! If you just want to add a comment please do so! I’d love to hear from you.
Love and Blessings,