We are always looking for healthy alternatives to regular recipes in my home and life has presented an opportunity to make this delicious pizza again. My father has been unwell these past few weeks due to diabetes and he requires a complete lifestyle and food overhaul. I’ve seen him struggle with his weight and his health, now the doctor has asked him to follow a gluten free and carbohydrate free diet.
Here’s the first recipe that we’ve made for him (I say we because Mr is excellent at making gluten free and healthy recipes so he helped me with this one).
Three Ingredient Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza Base Recipe
2 Cups grated cauliflower
3 Tablespoons Flaxseed flour
- Grate the cauliflower
- Lightly stir-fry the cauliflower in a pan, be careful not to brown it.
- Take the cauliflower off the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cauliflower, flaxseed flour and egg in a bowl and mix.
- Shape the dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 15-30 minutes at 180 ͦC.
- Remove the base, add desired toppings and bake.
We’ve used coconut and almond flour for the same recipe before and the pizza base ended up extremely crumbly and couldn’t hold up the topping so I wouldn’t recommend it.
Feel free to substitute the Flaxseed Flour with Gluten Free Flour Mix (I didn’t use it here, because it contained potato flour).
An egg can be subsituted with two egg whites.
I’ve also made a free printable recipe card for you to enjoy:
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Do you have a diabetic in the family? Do you make gluten free food? Let me know by commenting below.
Love and Blessings,