I realise that I haven’t posted a new Tasty Tuesday recipe in ages, so here’s one that you can use for all occasions – a hot milk sponge cake. This is always the base for my children’s birthday cakes and is perfect for trifles or for sandwiching strawberries and cream.
I also baked this cake for my son’s third birthday. Read More About It In The Birthday Party That Wasn’t.
15ml Baking Powder
100g Butter/ Margerine
5ml Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 ͦC.
- Cream the eggs and sugar together.
- Sift the flower and baking powder together then incorporate it into the egg mixture.
- Warm the milk and butter; be careful not to boil it.
- Stir the milk mixture and vanilla essence into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into two greased and lined 20cm cake pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Feel free to download, print and keep this recipe card:
Let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below!
Happy holidays and happy baking!
Love and Blessings,