Firstly I’d like to thank the lovely and sweet Sareena from All Of Me Beauty for the opportunity to Collaborate and share one of my favourite Christmas recipes. It has truly been a pleasure to work with you on this. Please check out the sweet and sassy Sareena over at her blog All Of Me Beauty.
If there’s one thing that will be on our Christmas table this year, it’s my grandmother’s carrot cake!
She gets requests all year round to bake this fragrant and moist cake. It’s really easy to make and tastes so good that you’ll want to make it again and again. I’m so proud to share the recipe with you.
Carrot Cake Recipe
2 ½ Cups Flour
1 ¾ Cups Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
¾ teaspoons Salt
4 Large Eggs
1 ½ Cups Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Cup Chopped Pineapple
3 Cups Grated Carrot
1 Pack of Crushed Pecan Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 ͦC/ 356F
- Cream the sugar and eggs.
- Add the oil and vanilla essence to the egg mixture.
- Then add the dry ingredients.
- Add the pineapple, carrots and nuts and beat into a smooth batter.
- Spray 2 20cm (8 inch) in diameter pans with non-stick spray or sprinkle with flour and shake it out again if you don’t have non-stick spray.
- Divide the batter between the pans and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and ice with cream cheese frosting or any other desired frosting.
I’ve often baked these in a muffin tin instead for lunchbox treats.
Feel free to download and print the recipe card:
I hope you get to try out the recipe and let me know what you think!
Love and Blessings,
If you are unsure of what blogmas is check out my post here.
Out of Blogmas post ideas, this might help- 100 Blogmas Post Ideas