Have you tried freewriting before? Check this post out if you are unsure of what it is or if you would like to try a freewriting exercise.
Free writing is a technique used by writing professors and advisors. I first used free writing a year or so ago, when I started doing writing courses. It’s become invaluable to me.
What is free writing?
It’s a writing tool where you write continuously for a certain period of time and pay no attention to spelling and grammar.
Why should you free write?
Free writing helps overcome writer’s block and helps you come up with new ideas for your story.
How do you free write?
- Set 5 to 15 minutes to write without stopping. You’ll be surprised how quickly this time expires.
- Choose a topic to write about.
- Start your timer and start writing.
- Write until the time is up.
Tips for free writing:
- Disregard grammar, spelling mistakes, incorrect punctuation and incomplete sentences.
- Write whatever comes to mind.
- Go easy on yourself.
- Read your work when time expires and see…
View original post 285 more words