Pizza Fridays are a tradition in my house. There’s nothing like the smell of a warm pizza baking in the oven. My family chip in by deciding which toppings to use and really get involved in the making and eating part too. This is perfect to share with loved ones or a special person for date night.
Here’s a simple pizza dough recipe that my Mom would make on pizza night and I hope you enjoy it as well.
½ t Salt
1 T Sugar
½ Packet of instant dry yeast (about 8 ml)
2 T Oil
125 ml lukewarm water
- Sift flour and add salt, sugar and yeast.
- Add the oil to the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the lukewarm water, adding only as much as you need to make a mixture that isn’t too wet.
- Knead the dough for 5 – 10 minutes until it feels elastic.
- Gather and ball up the dough and place into an oiled bowl.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and allow it to rise to double the size in a warm place for about 45 – 60 minutes.
- Knock down the dough and roll into shape on a floured surface.
Pizza is a versatile crowd pleaser that is easy to make and even easier to eat.
What are your favourite pizza toppings? What family traditions do you have? Let me know by commenting below.
Love and Blessings,